If you would like to submit your quilt for consideration please click on the highlighted area below to obtain a copy of the entry form.
Entry Form & Details for Exhibit
301 South Main Street
Harrisonburg, VA 22801 540-433-3818
Exhibit Title: Beyond the Valley
The Shenandoah Valley Botanical Album Quilt has a rich history shared by the family of Esther Blair Mathews.
The Virginia Quilt Museum is pleased to announce this quilt will be the center of an exhibit to celebrate Esther’s masterpiece. The Exhibit, “Beyond the Valley” will include new quilts that celebrate Esther’s original quilt in traditional and modern interpretations.
Doreen L. Johnson and
Dawn Cook Ronningen
December 1, 2017 through January 12, 2018
Call for Entries
This is a juried (not a judged) Exhibit.
We would like all quilters that participated in the SVBAQ Sew Along to consider submitting their finished quilts for consideration. The number of entries accepted will depend on the quantity of submissions and size of the quilts in accordance with the exhibit space.
· All entries must be completed quilts. No tops or partially finished quilts will be accepted
· Maximum two entries per person
· Each entry must include:
o Quilt Makers Full Name
o Quilt Makers Mailing Address
o Contact email address
o Daytime Phone
o Two high resolution digital color images (jpeg files) of your quilt
§ 1) Front full view of completed quilt, and 2) detail(close up) of part of your quilt showing surface stitching and quilting. max 3MB per photo
o Name of Quilt
o Quilt Size (width by height in inches)
· Entrant gives the museum permission to use the images of their quilt in promotional materials including but not limited to social media and print ads.
· The quilts must be available for the full duration of the exhibit, including transit time
· Acceptance letters will be mailed by January 16, 2018
o Acceptance letters will include information on quilt label and hanging sleeve requirements
o Quilt Shipping and return instructions
o Exhibit Opening details
· Each quilt accepted will be charged a $25 entry fee with payment instructions in the acceptance letter. Quilts in the Small Quilt Challenge Exhibit will be charged a $10 entry fee. (small quilt qualifications pertain only to quilts that measure 24” square or smaller)