Sunday, April 30, 2017

B-1 Trumpet Honey Suckle Month 21

"Notice how the fabrics are used by Esther Matthews for leaves and stems. The small dots in the leaves on this block mimic the bubbles of the trunk fabric."....Neva



I applique the flower heads first.
When I prep for back basting I prefer to use high contrast thread.
I added the green stems over the flower heads and leaves.
After the appliqué on the flowers and leaves was complete
I added the stems

I auditioned a few fabrics for the trellis post.
I'm looking forward to seeing the fabric you selected!

In the end, I chose a brown reproduction fabric.

Please stop back for the mid month link up and end of month 
sharing.
You can also see more photos on the stitch along 
Facebook page HERE.

Happy Stitching!
Dawn and Doreen 

6 comments:

  1. This is another gorgeous block, I really love looking at all those dainty leaves and long thin "trumpets".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother Nature gave Esther so much inspiration. So many wonderful flowers in this quilt.
    We are so happy you are stitching along with us Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That is indeed the perfect fabric for the trellis post. Stunning block!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is always fun to audition fabrics.

      Delete
  4. Your fabrics are beautiful Dawn, and your block is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am,pleased with the outcome on this block.

      Delete